Moving can be made much more difficult by carrying large safe up and down stairs. You not only have to find a way to move your Safe from one floor to the next, but you also have to do so in a way that does not cause damage to the walls of your home, the railings on the staircase, or the object that you are transporting. In addition, you should execute it safely to ensure that no one is injured.
Using a professional moving company such as Energy Moving to handle the transfer of your Safe is likely to result in a less hazardous and more productive process. Consider hiring a professional moving company to move your Safe for the following reasons:
- Safes can be extremely heavy and difficult to transport, posing a potential safety risk. A professional moving company has the equipment and experience to safely transport the safe, minimizing the risk of injury and property damage.
- Professional moving companies have specialized equipment that facilitates the relocation of safes. They have dollies, ramps, and other equipment that facilitate the lifting, carrying, and transporting of large objects.
- Moving a safe requires specific skills and knowledge that most people lack. Professional movers have experience transporting safes of all sizes, shapes, and weights, so they know how to transport them safely.
How to move a Safe Upstairs
Moving a safe upstairs can be difficult, but if you have the necessary equipment and know-how, you can do the work in a safe and effective way.
- Get the right equipment: Having the right equipment makes climbing and descending stairs a lot less difficult. You will require a strong and experienced moving crew, a heavy-duty dolly, moving straps, furniture, and moving blankets. Before you start, check that you have everything that will be necessary.
- Plan the route: Before moving the safe, you should determine the path you will take to bring it to the upper floor. Check that there is sufficient room to move the safe and no obstructions.
- Secure the Safe: Protect the valuables inside by securing the Safe to the dolly with movable straps. Check that the straps are snug and secure.
- Turn the Safe over Turn the Safe over so that it is positioned on the dolly to be balanced and stable.
- Move the Safe: To move the Safe, you need to designate one person to hold it while the others raise the dolly and guide it up the steps. Take your time and check that the Safe is not moving at any point throughout the process.
- Take breaks: Holding a safe upstairs can be physically taxing, so take frequent pauses. To prevent fatigue or injury, take pauses as needed.
- Set the Safe in place: After successfully transporting the Safe upstairs, carefully position it in its new location and then fasten it there.
How to move a Safe Downstairs
When dealing with a large and hefty safe, moving it downstairs might be a greater challenge than transporting it upstairs. This is especially true when the safe is being moved between floors. However, you can transfer your Safe down the stairs risk-free if you use the appropriate tools and methods.
- Measure the dimensions of the safe and the stairs:: Check that the Safe can go through all of the doorways and down the stairs without any problems. To guarantee a smooth relocation, it is important to take precise measurements of both the safe and the stairway.
- Clear the Way: Before you begin moving the safe, clear the way by removing any obstructions in the way, such as furniture, rugs, or other anything that could make the journey more challenging.
- Secure the safe with straps and blankets: Cover it in furniture blankets to protect it from scratches and other damage during the relocation. Securing the safe with straps is another option. After that, fasten the Safe to the dolly with the provided moving straps.
- Use the right technique: Employ the appropriate approach, which entails positioning one person on either side of the safe, with one person guiding the dolly down the stairs and the other person bearing the weight of the Safe. To prevent any mishaps, be sure to take your time and proceed slowly.
Hire a professional moving company
Employing a professional moving company to relocate a safe is always advisable. Moving a safe is a fragile and hazardous process requiring the proper tools, knowledge, and experience. Energy Moving, a New York-based professional moving company, is the best option for safe moving requirements.
Energy Moving has a team of skilled experts qualified to move even the heaviest and most intricate safes. They have the necessary equipment, such as dollies, straps, and harnesses, to transport your Safe without causing damage or injury to our team or the safe. Contact us today to get a quote and schedule your safe move.